[3830] SS CW N8TR(K8MR) Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] SS CW N8TR(K8MR) Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 15:07:47 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: N8TR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: N8TR

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 6

------------
  160:
   80:   74
   40:  328
   20:   96
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The third and last stop on this year's Single Operator Multi Station tour. I had
the feeling here of stepping into a new language, or at least new dialect, of
WinTest after living in the N1MM+ world for a while. I had to remember to hit
the space bar a lot more often, lest I log a number of 87U. And WinTest as set
up here did (to me) odd things with ESM if you changed a call after sending the
exchange, like hitting enter wanting to resend the exchange. For a while I
became adept at quickly hitting the escape button, and toward the end, when I
was doing more S&P work, I just quit using ESM.

Nevertheless, having opening hours of 113, 109, and 90 definitely makes Sunday
CW SS a lot of fun. I missed RI, DE, NE, ND, NT, and KP4. NP3X called me on 20 -
I hope I was able to correctly copy his info! I knew there was a geomagnetic
storm predicted, but never realized that it actually arrived until reading about
it the next morning.

73  -  Jim   K8MR