[3830] SS CW W4KAZ Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW W4KAZ Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 15:44:37 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: W4KAZ
Operator(s): W4KAZ
Station: W4KAZ

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:    0
   80:  106
   40:   73
   20:   60
   15:    7
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Made some much needed station repairs the prior weekend, replacing an old
feedline from shack to sixpak with hardline,  fixing some connections on other
coax runs, and putting up a temporary fix for my broken 40m dipole.  Friday
evening, testing all of the antennas, and the dreaded HI SWR on the 80m
antenna[which had remained untouched, and working FB on previous weekend].
Murphy abides.

So got out early Saturday morning to spend several hours fishing a new 80m
dipole through the as yet still too leafy deciduous antenna support systems.
First test....dread HI SWR.  ACK!  Dropped 80m dipole again to replace the coax
drop.  HI SWR Issue resolved.  A bit of trimming and 80m ready to go with sweet
spot at 3550.  Operator.....not so much on the ready to go.

Mostly S&P due to poor CW skills, somewhat better on Sunday so a couple of
short runs to see signals into RBN.  80m seemed long early Sunday.  Hearing West
coast here before their sunset.  Also, still learning new things I like about
the TS-590S.

Maybe we will have better luck and be better rested for SSB.  XYL conveniently
to be on the road during ARRL 160m weekend, so maybe I'll finally get a good
shot at putting in some butt-in-chair for that.

Tnx fer the fills es the patience.