[3830] SS CW K7RL Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW K7RL Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 17:19:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: K7RL
Operator(s): K7RL
Station: K7RL

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: WWA
Operating Time (hrs): 24
Radios: SO2R

------------
  160:    0
   80:  119
   40:  511
   20:  474
   15:   86
   10:    0
------------

Club: Western Washington DX Club

Comments:

First full-time SS effort in a number of years. Oddly, this is also my first
full-time CW bravo entry. Nothing like jumping head first into the deep end of
the pool to see what happens. As it turned out, the water was warm at the
beginning, and got down right chilly towards the end.

Had fun using Contest Online Scoreboard. Was neck and neck with AA3B and K5ZD.
Unfortunately, when the final bell rang, I was one multiplier short of a sweep.
Costly. Missed VI. I heard NP3X moving up 20m working guys S&P, but could
never get his attention. Read he was QRP, which explains the weaker signal.

Almost missed VY1AAA. Heard him warming up before the test when he was 599+20.
When I finally found him at the bottom of 20m late Sunday afternoon, he was piss
weak with flutter.

There were a few stations I had to abandon after getting an initial call. If
that was you, and you're reading this, I sincerely apologize. I don't like to
give up on anyone, but we could have spent a ridiculous amount of time piecing
together the long exchange. Hopefully, we worked later on.

Some very interesting CW tones out there. If CW could be sent with a heavy
accent, I think these would qualify. At times it felt like a test to see if I
could decrypt the exchange. Love it.

Congratulations to those big scorers. Thanks to all for the Qs, and especially
the casual guys that got on to help out.

73, Mitch, K7RL