[3830] SS CW WA7LNW Single Op QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wa7lnw@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS CW WA7LNW Single Op QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 05 Nov 2018 17:50:31 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, CW

Call: WA7LNW
Operator(s): WA7LNW
Station: WA7LNW

Class: Single Op QRP
QTH: Utah
Operating Time (hrs): 8

------------
  160:    0
   80:    3
   40:   63
   20:  191
   15:    5
   10:    0
------------

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

Got late start due to social commitments Friday evening, but remaining contest
weekend was especially fun.  Normally I operate an HF Remote station located at
my work site, 19 miles from home QTH.  This weekend gave me an opportunity to
put my Elecraft KX3 and PX3 spectrum scope into service in a contest
configuration.  What an amazing radio! I would consider using this radio in any
future DXpedition or contest effort. Setup station on my work bench and fed
laptop to a larger flat screen for N1MM+ logging. Antenna was a 42 ft.
fiberglass vertical attached to back fence and an ATU at the base powered by a
yellow top Optima battery (over kill) but did the job.

Was simply amazed at how well this combination worked during this state side
event running only 5 watts.  I am pretty sure my Utah mult deserves credit for
several of the runs I was able to maintain on lower end of 20 CW.

Hope to have a replacement power supply installed in my HF Remote control
computer before ARRL SS SSB and CQWW CW.

Thanks to everyone who worked me.  One of my very favorite events.

Best 73's de Jack, WA7LNW