[3830] OK/OM DX CW N8II SOAB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, N8II@aol.com
Subject: [3830] OK/OM DX CW N8II SOAB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 12 Nov 2018 00:37:39 +0000
                    OK/OM DX Contest, CW

Call: N8II
Operator(s): N8II
Station: N8II

Class: SOAB LP
QTH: WV
Operating Time (hrs): 3.9

  160:    1     2
   80:   21    22
   40:   33    30
   20:   38    38
   15:    8     9
   10:
-------------------
Total:  101   101  Total Score = 102,010

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

The mult total may be in error; if so it 92. N1MM+ scored a mult for DXCC
country in addition to the region mults. A scan of the rules indicates regions
only.

It was not a bad total for less than 3 hours. I was up much too late for the
0700 EST start time, first QSO was 1420Z. The contest was ill timed in relation
to Wx; it was very windy with gusts up to 40 MPH in the morning resulting in a
very high line noise level on 15 and worse than usual on 20. Activity was poor
on 15, some signals were loud, and around 1430Z was the EU peak of propagation
on 15 Sunday.
By 1545Z most of the activity was gone from 20 leaving very little to work until
40 opened. 40 did not open well for me until about 15 minutes before sunset,
signals were very good 2200-2320Z (missed much of that). By 24Z, 40 was pretty
much closed. 80 opened fairly well around 2320Z, but it was not a good night for
the 2 lowest bands. Activity was very sparse by 0320-0345Z. It was fun
S&P'ing, but more low band activity would have made it much more fun.

73, Jeff