[3830] SS SSB NE3K Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ne3k@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NE3K Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 00:10:50 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NE3K
Operator(s): NE3K
Station: NE3K

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Mt. Airy, MD
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
  160:
   80:  32
   40:  34
   20:  27
   15:   3
   10:
------------

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Very part-time effort between shuttling the harmonics to horse lessons and
working.

Spent much of Friday night and early part of Saturday trying to get my SB-1000
fixed. Pin diodes in the QSK board are blown. So I removed it, and tried hooking
things back up in default configuration, to no avail. Still lost receive
sensitivity when switching into OPR mode on the amp. So, will look at it again
this week when I have some more time with the holiday.

Did better than CW, which surprised me on LP with a longwire antenna. Had a good
run Sunday morning on 80 thanks to my friend WX3B. Produced about a 136/hour
rate for a few minutes. For some reason, I always to SS SSB unassisted, and I
managed to get the right precedence sent this time!

Looking forward to CQ WW CW next weekend. Hopefully with a working amp.