[3830] SS SSB N5RZ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N5RZ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 05:29:01 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N5RZ
Operator(s): N5RZ
Station: N5RZ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 19.5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40: 1167
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Central Texas DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Did 40M only with the HF2V vertical and Hi-Z 8 circle RX array.   Elecraft K3/P3
and KPA1500 amp.

On times:   2100Z - 0632Z  ...  1009Z - 1514Z   and  2221Z - 0300Z
Op time approx  19.5 hours

Was going to stay up all night, but seems the USA went QRT at 0600Z.  Finally
packed it in at 0632Z with 712Q and slept a bit.   Doubt I missed much.  Had
926Q at the 1514Z QRT time.  Just didn't feel like baying away through the mid
day daylight hours on 40M!

Interesting to follow the ebb & flow of the band since I wasn't going to
bail to another band & just had to stick out the rough times.   Band would
go long & then get short, sometimes within minutes.

Once it got dark (shortly before 0000Z), things really picked up the first
night.

0100-0200Z    92Q
0200-0300Z   102Q
0300-0400Z   100Q
0400-0500Z   109Q
0500-0600Z    86Q

Fun, though missing the sweep was a bummer.     Never saw either KP2 or MS
spotted on 40M.  The HF2V seems to work well on 40M.   Can't wait to get up the
yagis, though!

When I shut down at 0632Z, still needed 8 sections.  Six were worked as
follows:

NL    1044Z
WTX   1109Z
QC    1110Z
ME    1210Z
STX!  1244Z
AK    0033Z

Thanks to all for the QSO's.  Also ran across lots of ole friend

73,  Gator