[3830] SS SSB N4PN Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB N4PN Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 20:24:25 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: N4PN
Operator(s): N4PN
Station: N4PN

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Macon, GA
Operating Time (hrs): 23

------------
  160:    0
   80:  462
   40:  231
   20:  428
   15:    0
   10:    0
------------

Club: Georgia Contest Group

Comments:

Still so much fun....just wish everyone would operate LP...It may just be me,
but seems when I found a decent frequency, a HP station would make me move.
Seemed like when I gave a report with that "A", they knew I'd have to
go.
I just don't think anyone needs big antennas and 1500 watts to work the USA
and Canada.....oh well..
Decided to change my operating this year. Put up a director (another Alpha-
Delta 40/80) for 40/80. Not sure it helped on 40 but felt it helped on 80.
Only looked at 15 once and no really strong stations there. So, it had to
be 80/40/20. Could hold a freq fairly easy up high on 20.
40 was fair but lower end of 80 was good to me....never went above 3.740.
I left 20 and went to 80, knowing the "guns" would probably go from 20
to 40.
That helped..! Last two mults were VY1AAA and KP2M...
Thanks to all who made it into the log one more time....Only 2 dupes...(asked
the dupe station to quickly check his log)....one dupe was due to that stations
computer crashing....Nice to have my buddy, N4OO, back in action in a big way.
Worked a lot of Georgia stations that I didn't know....hope they come back next
year. Missed hearing another buddy, NF4A, this year. He had lots of damage from
the Hurricane, including losing his tower and antennas..
73, Paul, N4PN
20m - TH-5 @ 70'
40m/80m - 2el wire beam
FTdx5000