[3830] SS SSB WN4AFP Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, daveedmo@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB WN4AFP Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 22:56:59 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: WN4AFP
Operator(s): WN4AFP
Station: WN4AFP

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: SC
Operating Time (hrs): 3

------------
  160:
   80:  13
   40:  49
   20:   2
   15:
   10:
------------

Club: Swamp Fox Contest Group

Comments:

The Phone SS occurred on the wrong weekend for me this year. I had a ton of
"Real-Life" things to do, so contesting didn't even make it to the
back burner. I found a few hours and those hours weren't very productive. Out of
the 64 contacts, 29 of them were those that I've worked many times. I'm usually
not critical about band conditions, but can they be too good? When you get used
to the terrible band conditions, I had a difficult time making Q's in the 'good'
conditions we had on 40m. The band went long early evening, so the west started
rolling in. W7RN was 59+40..K6AM was the same. I could 'em, but it was very
difficult to work them. Just because you can hear them very well, doesn't always
mean that they will hear you with the same strength. These big sigs resulted in
bigger pileups, so S&P took longer than usual. So, what did I do? I found a
clear spot on 40m and started running. I only made 2 'run' Qs. I was glad to
give out the rare "Sierra Charlie". With all the fills, South Carolina
is now the state of Sierra Charlie. It was great to hear some Swamp Foxes out
there.

Visit the Swamp Fox Den at swampfoxcontestgroup.com

73s Dave WN4AFP