[3830] SS SSB NX9Y Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kb9mel@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] SS SSB NX9Y Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 19 Nov 2018 23:00:14 +0000
                    ARRL Sweepstakes Contest, SSB

Call: NX9Y
Operator(s): NX9Y
Station: NX9Y

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: HUNTLEY, IL
Operating Time (hrs): .5

------------
  160:
   80:
   40:   4
   20:  10
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  14  Sections = 11  Total Score = 308

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

A very part time effort of 1/2 hr of S&P.  Slowly getting back into the
contests after putting the shack back together (temporarily) due to basement
being finished.  So "Please Copy" this log and I hope you
"QSL" the sarcasm in that!

I can see everyone's point (as i read the reflector posts) but have to ask, when
it boils down to it, you cannot control the actions of another person (ham), but
what you can control is how you allow it to get to you.  You are going to waste
more time "correcting" someone on proper radio etiquette than just
logging them and moving on.  Sure, it bugs me too, but too much bantering about
these small things could possibly turn new hams away from the hobby if they get
the feeling that this is not a welcoming hobby, full of people who are willing
to take the time to suggest to new hams to avoid certain "phrases"
rather than chastise them for unknowingly using them.  Yes, I said
"suggest" as these phrases are not illegal or deemed offensive, albeit
maybe so in ham moral court! :)  If it causes that much frustration, I have to
wonder, why do it!  Have fun with it...that's what I do!  Just an observation
from a newer contester.  73 all!