[3830] CQWW CW G4FKA SOSB10 Classic HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G4FKA SOSB10 Classic HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 25 Nov 2018 17:46:50 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G4FKA
Operator(s): G4FKA
Station: G4FKA

Class: SOSB10 HP
Class Overlay: Classic
QTH: Bristol
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:  40     4        16
------------------------------
Total:  40     4        16  Total Score = 600

Club: Bristol Contest Group

Comments:

Sunspots = 0? It just had to be 28 single band, unassisted, wet string antenna
to see how bad it was. I thought it would be poor but not this bad! Same pattern
both days; first weak signals around 0700 and all but the locals gone by 1200.
The numbers say it all. Dire conditions in this part of England with little of
anything finding its way to the antenna. Nothing worked above S3 except maybe
the locals and apart from a couple of contacts, everything else in zones 14 and
15. 30% of the contacts were zero point Gs but at least I made sure of the
mult!

IC-7610, Expert 1K-FA, fixed wire dipole at 4m.

Thanks for the contacts and I hope we get out of this trough soon!