[3830] CQWW CW ND0C SOAB QRP

To: 3830@contesting.com, randydvm@iw.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW ND0C SOAB QRP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 00:23:19 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: ND0C
Operator(s): ND0C
Station: ND0C

Class: SOAB QRP
QTH: MN
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160:    5     3        2
   80:   38    12       21
   40:   44    12       30
   20:  178    21       66
   15:   43    14       32
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------
Total:  308   151       62  Total Score = 172,956

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

This was more fun than I expected!  Overall propagation seemed better at times
than I anticipated and as a result I operated more than I originally planned.  I
ended up with a total of 80 unique countries was a pleasant surprise.

80 meters was pretty decent the first night, given the obvious limitations of
QRP from "the black hole".  I was able to pick up quite a few EU
mults.  (I think I chose the right night to sleep as it sounds like the second
night wasn't as good.)

40 meters was frustrating as I struggled to break pile-ups and even when there
were no pile-ups I got CQ'd in my face by strong EU stations... a lot.  As a
result, I left a lot of mults on the table.  The conditions on 20 late Sunday
were much better than on Saturday afternoon.  15 provided some interesting, but
brief openings to the east and the Pacific, plus the normal stuff to the south -
but at least it was open!  10 meters took the weekend off, as expected.

Once again, I want to give a lot of credit to the DX stations that pulled my
paltry 5 watts out of the QRM - thanks for the great ears!

Station:
   Rig: Yaesu FTdx3000 running 5 watts
   Antennas: Cycle 24 TX-38(2 elements on 20 and 15, 4 elements on 10) at 40
feet, inverted vee with apex at 38 feet - fed with ladderline, rotatable 40
meter dipole at 43 feet.

73,
Randy, ND0C