[3830] CQWW CW AC0C M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AC0C M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 01:12:51 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): K0VBU K0RU AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: M/S HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 37

  160:   96    18       52
   80:  231    21       67
   40:  476    31      108
   20: 1367    33      118
   15:  180    21       68
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Great fun this weekend.  Thanks to all who worked us.

Operation was multi-op with a single transmitter only; no separate run station.
It took a while the first day to wrap our heads around the 10-min band change
restriction so we will be taking a score haircut by the log check robot.

Bands were better than expected, especially the low bands the first day and of
course the EU opening each day.

No serious gear or antenna problems.  Some local QRN popped up the 2nd night
making 80 & 40 much more noisy than the first night which was excellent by
comparison.  Weather was good overall until the last 6 hours of the contest when
a blizzard blew in - the snow, ice and wind were blowing the beams.
Precipitation static was an issue for about 4 hours.  Winds dropped off after a
few hours and we could rotate to catch a short JA run & log some other Asia
mults.

133 unique countries total.  Best one-hour rate was 158 under K0VBU.

Thanks to K0VBU and K0RU for serving guest op duty.

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com