[3830] CQWW CW G3TXF SO(A)SB160 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW G3TXF SO(A)SB160 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 01:19:53 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: G3TXF
Operator(s): G3TXF
Station: G3TXF

Class: SO(A)SB160 HP
QTH: Devon
Operating Time (hrs): 25

  160: 1240    26       99
   80:
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------
Total: 1240    26       99  Total Score = 224,750

Club: Three As Contest Group

Comments:

Operating Top Band the whole weekend is something special. At least there are
two good day-time breaks to compensate for the solid all-night operating.

The two highlights of this weekend's CQWW CW were working both Hawaii (KH7B) and
z19 (UA0LHS) for the first time ever on 160m.

Conditions varied dramatically during the contest. On the first night it was a
real struggle to work JA3YBK for the JA multiplier, whereas at JA sunrise on the
second night I was called by some 20 JAs that I could copy. [Undoubtedly there
were more JAs lost in my ever increasing local noise.]

On 160m it's being able to hear that counts. Although I used three different
Beverages (all relatively short) these were plainly not long enough or numerous
enough. More will be needed next time.

73 - Nigel G3TXF