[3830] CQWW CW VO2AC(VE3FU) SO(A)AB LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW VO2AC(VE3FU) SO(A)AB LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 04:18:01 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: VO2AC
Operator(s): VE3FU
Station: VO2AC

Class: SO(A)AB LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 37
Remote Operation

  160:    3     2        2
   80:  290    14       50
   40:  351    18       70
   20:  758    21       92
   15:   63    11       21
   10:    0     0        0
------------------------------

Club: Maritime Contest Club

Comments:

Remote: TS-480, HF9V (with 160m coil)

My best score and QSO total in this contest from VO2.  I accomplished all three
goals that I set this year: 1 - beat last year's score (593K); 2 - make 1,000 Qs
(944 last year); 3 make 1M points.

Last year I missed part of Friday night / Saturday morning and most of Saturday
afternoon, so having and extra 10 hours of BIC time paid off.

With 15m barely opening on Saturday (down 7 zones and 18 countries from last
year), I thought my chances of making my three goals were slim, but 40m (up 4
zones and 16 countries) and 80m (up 6 zones and 26 countries) certainly made up
for the loss on 15m.  The additional 4 zones and 12 countries on 20m helped as
well.

10m and 160m were as expected, given condx (10m) and my antenna (160m).

Like last year, I QSYd every time I was asked, which again was fewer than I
expected.

Highlights:  Being called by JA on 40, working KH6 on 80m, and the loud and
seemingly endless Europeans on 80m around 06Z Saturday night / Sunday morning.

Thanks for all the QSOs!

73,

Chris VE3FU / VO2AC