[3830] CQWW CW SW9AA M/S LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW SW9AA M/S LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 26 Nov 2018 10:39:57 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: SW9AA
Operator(s): LZ3FN LZ4AW LZ5VK SV9DJO
Station: SW9AA

Class: M/S LP
QTH: Kokkini Hani
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  400    16       65
   80: 1101    26       97
   40: 1601    34      126
   20: 1174    34      119
   15:  485    29      100
   10:   10     7       10
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

Managed to set up station for CQWW in M/S category with less than 100kg.
of equipment - cables and antennas included! Weather was with us and
despite the gusts coming from different directions we ended the contest
with the same amount of antennas we started it with. Surprisingly, you
still find lots of mosquitos here, even during winter season. Luckily,
LZ4AW and LZ5VK survived their attacks. Operation was held from location
with low level of RF noise and we managed to copy extremely weak signals
without sophisticated RX antenna system. Still, it was very hard to
convince lots of participants that our prefix is SW9, not
5W9/SP9/SA9/HW9/SV9/SW1/SW0/IW9 and so on .. hope they take this into
account next year.

Special thanks goes to:
Our host Georgios SV9DJO for his exceptional support and, of course, for
running the most intense pile-ups!
Alex LZ4AX (9X4XX) for inspiring us to do such
Low-Power-Wire-Antenna Operations!
The local Gyro and Freddo shops for keeping us alive during these
exhausting 48 hours!

73!
LZ3FN, LZ4AW, LZ5VK & SV9DJO

Equipment used:
3x Elecraft K3 + SUCCI interfaces
Acom 2S1 switch, 2x6 switch by microHAM
VA6AM triplexer and a set of homebrew BPFs
S-shaped inverted L antenna for 160m
Vertical for 80m
Dipole for 40m
RR-33 for 20-15-10m