[3830] CQWW CW K9UIY SOSB80 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k9uiy@comcast.net
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW K9UIY SOSB80 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 27 Nov 2018 20:47:32 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: K9UIY
Operator(s): K9UIY
Station: K9UIY

Class: SOSB80 LP
QTH: Illinois
Operating Time (hrs): 22

  160:
   80:  206    24       74
   40:
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Last year I did the same entry (SO LP SB 80) just ten days after hip replacement
surgery.  I did a lot of op time standing up and needed assistance from my xyl
getting to and from the station located in the lower level of the home ...
stairs involved which really took careful navigation.  This year that was no
longer an issue, and my score of 2017 (which I was able to be #1 USA by the way
!) was more than doubled this year.  I hope (after log checking) it's going to
be good enough for another finish that may also reset the 80 M SO LP record for
W9 land.  I thought condx actually "sparkled" this weekend on 80.
MANY (!) very unruly and huge pile ups ... almost on the edge of my patience
threshold (bad words uttered).  I was able to work most everyone I heard, with
the exception of VK2GK which would have been both new zone/country mults.
Thanks to all for the QSO's!!  I REALLY like this contest ... looking forward to
next year already.  Again thanks to K9GS and N9AU for their help last year with
my 80 M antenna ... I could not have done it without you guys!

FT-1000 MP @ 100W
80 M inverted "L" with 55 quarter wave radials on a hill top QTH

73, Vic  K9UIY