[3830] CQWW CW M6T M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, g4piq@btinternet.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW M6T M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Wed, 28 Nov 2018 22:11:18 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: M6T
Operator(s): G2NF M0CLW G4DRS DJ4MZ G4PIQ G4BWP M0SDV G4BUO DL5RMH G3ZAY G0PZA
M0BCT G3ZAY
Station: M6T

Class: M/M HP
QTH: JO02rf
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1240    20       83
   80:  2658    36      125
   40:  3808    39      162
   20:  2440    39      142
   15:  1046    34      133
   10:   190    10       44
-------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

We were a little short of our normal operators this year, so many thanks to
Simon, DJ4MZ and Martin, DL5RMH for travelling from Southern Germany to join us,
and to Garo, G0PZA for joining us for the first time.

Considering where we are in the sunspot cycle, this contest was remarkably
enjoyable and interesting, with poor HF conditions balanced by great LF
conditions. 10m was as poor as we have ever seen it, and kudos to G3ZAY and
G0PZA for sticking to a band of silence.

It was remarkable to walk into the 160m shack 90 minutes after sunrise and hear
and work North Amercian stations at that time - interestingly coming from SW
rather than on the direct path. The second night on 40m was also great with
fantastic signals from the West Coast of the US. We worked 162 countries on 40,
but heard nearly 170. Some pile ups were too unruly to spend time in - some
stations were very marginal.

Compared to last year, some bands are up a bit and some are down a bit - and we
landed up very close to last year's score. Our overall result is very close to
last year.

There were a number of stations (big ones) with very broad CW signals with
multiple tones in their signal. It takes effort to make a CW signal like that
from a modern radio - I hope this wasn't a means to keep stations away from
their run frequency. There were also the stations who we kept calling and never
came back to us - until we realised we were calling them on their 2nd harmonics!

Thanks to everyone for the QSOs, multipliers and competition, and we and look
foward to seeing you all again next year.

73

Andy, G4PIQ for team M6T

160m Ops : G4DRS, G2NF
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000
45m tall vertical + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m
180m Beverages NW, E, NNE/SSW

80m Ops : DJ4MZ, M0CLW, M0SDV, G0PZA, DL5RMH
K3 + FT1000MP + Ten Tec Titan
4sq + Inv-V Dipole @ 28m

40m Ops : G4PIQ, G4BWP, M0SDV
2 x K3 + Acom 2000
3el @ 30m + 402CD @ 30m
180m Beverages NW, E, NNE/SSW

20m Ops : G4BUO, DL5RMH, M0CLW
2 x K3 + Acom 2000
204CD @ 30m + 204CD @ 30m

15m Ops : M0SDV, M0CLW, G0PZA, DJ4MZ, DL5RMH, G4DRS
K3 + FT1000MP + Acom 2000
2 x 5el stack @ 30m / 18m
Bencher Skyhawk @ 30m

10m Ops : G3ZAY, G0PZA