[3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW LZ9W M/M HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 07:54:03 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: LZ9W
Operator(s): LZ1ZD LZ1VS LZ1FG LZ1ANA LZ1UQ LZ1BJ LZ1PM LZ1PJ LZ3RR LZ3XX LZ3FM
LZ2UU LZ2CJ LZ2HQ LZ3UP IZ2GRG LZ4AE LZ2YO LZ1VFM
Station: LZ9W

Class: M/M HP
QTH: Breznik
Operating Time (hrs): 48

  160:  1527    26       99
   80:  2236    37      133
   40:  3827    39      157
   20:  2901    39      145
   15:   821    35      122
   10:   178    12       38
-------------------------------

Club: LZ Contest Team

Comments:

It was clear we are just next to the bottom of the cycle. Condx on top band were
superb (in fact the best ever since I started contesting on 160m back in
1980ies) 2el QUAD fixed to USA and 2 phased verticals (erected some days before
the contest) supplemented by Beverages ensured a great pleasure we had on 160m
with LZ1ZD and LZ2UU during the contest. Missed few multipliers we heard due to
not being able to get through.(thus DXCC on top band was possible within 48
hours of operation) IZ2GRG,LZ4AE, LZ3RR and LZ1PJ did a superb job on 40m. Newly
build 5 el QUAD fixed to USA on 40m helped a lot, too. Needs some improvement
for next season, though. LZ3FM, LZ3XX and LZ1BJ did their best on 20m which was
surprisingly good for that part of the cycle.LZ1PM, LZ3UP and LZ1VFM pulled out
what was possible on 80m , while LZ1UQ and LZ1ANA on 15m and LZ1FG,LZ1VS and
LZ2HQ struggled to get those QSOs on 15 and 10m bands.

Overall it was a joy, as usual, to do CQWW CW 2018.

See ya all in WPX 2019 in March. THANK you all for QSOs.

73 de Wally LZ2CJ
on behalf of LZ9W M/M Contest Team