[3830] CQWW CW AB1J SO(A)SB20 LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ktfrog007@aol.com
Subject: [3830] CQWW CW AB1J SO(A)SB20 LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2018 14:55:41 +0000
                    CQ Worldwide DX Contest, CW

Call: AB1J
Operator(s): AB1J
Station: AB1J

Class: SO(A)SB20 LP
QTH: Waltham MA
Operating Time (hrs): 17:45

  160:
   80:
   40:   29    10       22
   20:  271    19       82
   15:   25     9       18
   10:
------------------------------

Club:

Comments:

The score is for 20m only.

The CQ-WW-CW was the first contest I ever entered, back in 1961 and I still
participate on occasion out of habit. It was quite a different experience back
then as there was a different distribution of hams around the world due to

- remnants of WW II (American bases all over, like Okinawa)
- the Cold War (more American bases, remember the KG1s in Thule?)
- lots of Soviet Union activity, including the deep Asians (remember them?)
- European colonialism all over the world (the sun never set on DX DX)
- and nuclear tests in the Pacific (yet more American bases, like the Marshall
Islands).

Quite different geopolitics. It was a real DX contest instead of a North
Atlantic regional QP. More interesting then than now, IMO.

This year I did a throttled back operation. I started out as all band but as I
don't have a competitive all band station I decided to concentrate on 20m, but
it was a rough ride. Turns out I don't have a competitive single band station
either but I do have two different non-competitive 20m antennas to fiddle with.
Switching back and forth was interesting.

Thanks for the QSOs.

73,
Ken, AB1J

Flex 6500