[3830] ARRL 160 K1GQ SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K1GQ SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 15:09:05 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K1GQ
Operator(s): K1GQ
Station: K1GQ

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs): 7.5

Total:  QSOs = 500  Sections = 71  Countries = 26  Total Score = 106,894

Club:

Comments:

SkookumLogger K3S KPA1500 Inverted-L W1FV 9-circle RX array

Fun when I operate in uncompetitive style. Many off times, often at the 'wrong'
times to be off; didn't sweat multipliers and left nasty pileups on multipliers
alone; changed run frequency when a too-wide signal showed up nearby (plenty of
those, as always).

Throughout, it felt like my transmit antenna had a null in the pattern towards
Florida. Very difficult to work zone 8 stations and SFL was one of my last
sections worked. Mostly the opposite experience in other directions. Did hear
quite a few multipliers that did not hear me; usually I transmit better than I
hear due to local noise sources.