[3830] ARRL 160 WA7AN(K9DR) SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, K9DR@cox.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WA7AN(K9DR) SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 16:27:00 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WA7AN
Operator(s): K9DR
Station: K9DR

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: AZ
Operating Time (hrs): 51

Total:  QSOs = 547  Sections = 79  Countries = 9  Total Score = 101,816

Club: Arizona Outlaws Contest Club

Comments:

First 160 meter operation with a K9AY array for listening.  It did help, but not
well enough to hear a single EU station. Seemed to work best towards JA and
worked a few this morning along with a couple of RA0s. Think coupling to my
"T" antenna is not helping and hope to fix that soon. When listening
to the NW, the transmit antenna is in the null of the K9AY.  I'm curious as to
what KH6LC was running.  QRP?  Usually a great signal, but almost as weak as the
JA's this weekend.  In any case, this was my highest ARRL 160 score, but, and I
hate to admit it, Bob is right.  Just not enough DX participation.  Looking
forward to the CQWW 160.

Equipment: K3/P3 to AL82.  Antenna is "T" using 80 meter Vee, with
apex at 55', feedline as a top-loaded vertical against 16 radials to property
lines.  Lot is 80' x 120'.