[3830] ARRL 160 KA1J Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 KA1J Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 16:49:46 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: KA1J
Operator(s): KA1J
Station: KA1J

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: CT
Operating Time (hrs): 7

Total:  QSOs = 306  Sections = 83  Countries = 24  Total Score = 56,274

Club:

Comments:

I have an obligation early Saturday mornings that makes it impossible to stay up
for a contest and be useful the next morning. I wasn't in it to win it, just to
give points With that, I can't participate in any contest this winter and hope
to do well. Even so, I love contesting however it comes.

Friday seemed not so good, I heard the usual suspects but some usually strong
signals weren't coming in. I tried to work EI but they couldn't hear me. I was
running about 300W and even tried 1500 to give them points but still no-go. Must
have been noisy in EU, more than a few DX didn't come back.

Saturday was more like it should be. Didn't get HI & AK but got the rest of
the lower 48. I went to bed early and got up late but worked a few starting
around 8AM local in Sunday morning. I was surprised at the extremely rapid QSB
on some signals. From S5 to S2 within the time of the contact. Reminded me more
of 10 meters.

Always good to hear VE3MGY and KV4FZ and so many other familiar calls.

Above all, have fun.

73,

Gary, KA1J