[3830] ARRL 160 NC6K SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nc6k@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NC6K SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 17:08:13 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NC6K
Operator(s): NC6K
Station: NC6K

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: SDG
Operating Time (hrs): 13

Total:  QSOs = 375  Sections = 78  Countries = 7  Total Score = 65,790

Club: Southern California Contest Club

Comments:

The first full 160 M contest with my 133'-long sloper at 60' with my tower as
ground. I still didn't hear Europe, but far exceeded anything I've ever been
able to do with a vertical or dipole. The sloper works so well on RX that it's
better than my two receiving antennas.
Conditions were decent throughout the contest here, and the band was full of
signals both nights. That said, I ran out of stations to work around midnight
both nights, and decided to get some sleep instead of picking up a handful of
Qs. I'm sure that hurt my score.
I was amazed to work 78 of the 83 ARRL sections, and I only missed those that I
never heard, including AK, PR, NL, NT, and ONN. The first two have had to
contend with severe local issues, but I was sure I'd find at least one ONN
station. At least I have something to shoot for next year. As far as DX, my best
was 4M1K and the rest were mostly Caribbean, which is typical for SoCal. I was
surprised not to hear any HK or PY stations.