[3830] ARRL 160 NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, richnn3w@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NN3W(@N3HBX) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 17:52:59 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NN3W
Operator(s): NN3W KL2A
Station: N3HBX

Class: M/S HP
QTH: MD
Operating Time (hrs): 16

Total:  QSOs = 917  Sections = 80  Countries = 44  Total Score = 267,220

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Tnx to John Evans for use of the Poolesville farm for this running.

We spent most of the afternoon attempting to repair one of the K3LR arrays (the
one pointed west...) but to no avail.  Repaired the switch, checked the coax,
checked the lines.  No joy.  2 hours on the tower in 40 degree weather with
light rain.

Efforts reflect activity the first night.  Condx were good.  Felt loud most
directions except west where we were having to use the south pointed K3LR.

44 countries is not so bad.  Heard RT0F clear as a bell Saturday morning at
sunrise but he didn't hear us.

Had an hour-long frequency fight with a ham who feels that he can simply impose
his will on other stations by plopping down on their run frequency (which they
had been using for the past two hours).  That's not going to fly with me.
Period.  Especially when I worked about 15 stations right through said
contester.