[3830] ARRL 160 K8MR Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k8mr@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 K8MR Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 17:56:48 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: K8MR
Operator(s): K8MR
Station: K8MR

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Ohio
Operating Time (hrs): 4.5

Total:  QSOs = 363  Sections = 59  Countries = 12  Total Score = 53,676

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

A part time effort scattered through the contest period. Friday evening was
spent chasing P1NOT and N0IR with friends. After they left I got on for 20 or so
S&P QSOs but between the static and the wine I did not persist. Got on both
mornings with nice rates, and for several hours Saturday night.

Good propagation mixed with nearly summertime QRN levels. I did work more DX in
this one than I can remember in any other 160 test.

Most worked section was Ohio with 27 QSOs. I had only two QSOs with my other
home state of Florida, both in NFL. I heard a unknown SFL once, working another
guy, and never heard WCF. I did have one loud guy respond to a CQ with
"WCF?", but when I said OH he was never heard again. A few people who
were loud enough to have had an easy copy did ask for a repeat on my section, I
suspect hoping Super Check Partial was more correct than their ears.

Anyway, a good time, and fun to be on from a real station before I head back to
Florida in a month to crummy condo antennas or temporary portable waterfront
contests. (And sunshine and warm weather, which has been in very short supply
here for the last two months!)

73  -  Jim   K8MR