[3830] ARRL 160 WO4O SO Unlimited HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wo4o.radio@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 WO4O SO Unlimited HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 20:04:58 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: WO4O
Operator(s): WO4O
Station: WO4O

Class: SO Unlimited HP
QTH: NFL
Operating Time (hrs): 14:33

Total:  QSOs = 608  Sections = 68  Countries = 20  Total Score = 113,608

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Was that fun? Kinda. Sorta. A wall of lightning strikes stretched from the
northern Gulf of Mexico to the mid-Atlantic Ocean and beyond, producing S9+
QRN, making copy very challenging for the weekend. Under better conditions, many
more stations calling me would have made it into the log. Because my dedicated
RX antennas are down for maintenance, my 160m inverted vee had to serve a dual
purpose. Not ideal for a noisy Top Band. Yes, I know, I should have prepared for
this event earlier by having my dedicated RX antenna system ready!

This contest was supposed to be the highlight of my weekend but it was
overshadowed by college football at the local "Bounce House" with the
UCF Knights winning their 2nd consecutive American Athletic Conference
Championship (and 25 straight games), followed by the OSU Buckeyes winning their
2nd straight Big 10 Conference Championship.

In an effort to add some fun to the ARRL 160m event real-time score reporting
was set up to monitor other participants using the free service online at:

https://contestonlinescore.com

Try it. You may like it, too! I intend to do use it again.

Tnx fer the Qs/Ms. 73 de RiC wo4o NFL