[3830] ARRL 160 NA8V Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, hgchapoton@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 160 NA8V Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 02 Dec 2018 22:59:12 +0000
                    ARRL 160-Meter Contest

Call: NA8V
Operator(s): NA8V
Station: NA8V

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: mi
Operating Time (hrs): 25:34
Radios: SO2R

Total:  QSOs = 1347  Sections = 80  Countries = 46  Total Score = 400,302

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

Great contest with interesting condx although the 2nd night was rugged.  Bad QRN
the first night, much worse the second as the storms got closer.  Propagation
was better Friday with Eu coming in from before the start (before sunset) until
0830z.  Highlights were working UA9BA, RY9C, RA0FF and RW0CR the first night.

Saturday night, aside from the horrid static, it seemed most of the DX was
coming in skewed.  Either that or my YCCC array  broke and then self-healed.
This complicated matters as the NE was quiet on the array but anything else was
very noisy.  My Eu beverage worked well in these condx.

I had intended to put in full time but took a break at 0830z Sunday morning and
never made it back to the radio.  Missed sections were NL, AK and NWT.

Tried to do so2r.  A miswire complicated that the first night so I had one
locked in TX and 2 RX.  Got it fixed for Saturday.  2nd radio was the first
outing for a new (to me) K3 that was just hooked up Thursday night.  I'm
struggling with all the features, settings and differences from my old radios.
My Rx antenna switching is less than mature, had the bev on the 590 and the Yccc
array on the K3.  I was able to dual rx with that.

I know there were a lot of callers I either struggled with or couldn't copy at
all and I apologize.  Between QRN, QSB and trying to find the right direction it
sometimes took too long to get dialed in.

A fun time, hope to see you all in The Stew in a month.

greg/na8v

    2018 ARRL-160 NA8V
      Continent List

                    160