[3830] ARRL 10 K4HQK SO Mixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jwfuller@verizon.net
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K4HQK SO Mixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 01:57:38 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K4HQK
Operator(s): K4HQK
Station: K4HQK

Class: SO Mixed HP
QTH: Alexandria, VA
Operating Time (hrs): 8:45

   CW:  90     24
  SSB:   9      5
-------------------
Total:  99     29  Total Score = 10,962

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

What a wild ride on the 10 meter band during sunspot minimum! Friday night was
alive with Es to New England and Eastern Canada.

Saturday's propagation (F skip) ran in several directions from my Virginia QTH,
including the West Coast, the Midwest, and the deep South, plus some TEP to
Mexico, Guatemala, Argentina, and other points far south. By 1600 EST, though,
the band went quiet.

Sunday, although starting off with Es to Florida, quickly died and stayed local
here the rest of the day. No doubt others with better-equipped stations heard
more than I did with my simple setup--a vertical only 10' off the ground and
about 300 watts from the amp, the result of high SWR--but for everyone, it had
to be a disappointment after all that heated activity Friday night and
Saturday.

73, John K4HQK - Alexandria, Virginia