[3830] ARRL 10 KU8E SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 KU8E SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 02:32:18 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: KU8E
Operator(s): KU8E
Station: KU8E

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: GA
Operating Time (hrs): 10:33

   CW:  309    61
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  309    61  Total Score = 75,396

Club: South East Contest Club

Comments:

K3-100 , KPA500 and full wave vertical loop @ 35 ft.

Pretty happy with my score considering I'm running 1/2 the power of the other HP
guys and using a compromise antenna.

Didn't start the contest until 0300z on Friday night (dinner with wife) so I
guess I missed the good opening at the start many have been talking about.
Conditions were much like the June VHF Contest on 6 meters with short spotlight
openings to different areas. Probably made 90% of my contacts on Saturday. It
started around 1600z with the East Coast, shifted to the Midwest and then to the
West Coast before the band died around 2100z. There was a short opening to the
East Coast on Sunday morning but quickly turned into a grind the rest of the
day. Although Sunday was slow I did have several of the stateside multipliers I
needed call me. Not much DX other than South America, (mostly CX, LU, PY, HK and
YV) V31MA,J35X, PJ2ND and a couple XE stations. Heard P4/DL6RAI but he was weak
here. Missed only ND,DC,MS and AK stateside. Only VE's worked were VE2,VE3, VE5
and VE7.

Happy Holidays to All   Jeff KU8E