[3830] ARRL 10 K0VXU SO CW HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K0VXU SO CW HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 05:17:40 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K0VXU
Operator(s): K0VXU
Station: K0VXU

Class: SO CW HP
QTH: KS-USA
Operating Time (hrs): 7:19

   CW:  274    51
  SSB:
-------------------
Total:  274    51  Total Score = 55,896

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

K3, TL922A, TH6DXX, N1MM+

In and out of shack over weekend but did manage to get some operating time in.
Friday night was very active with many weak signals all coming from the
southeast and east.  Nothing in 6 or 7 call areas.  Missed only VT in 1st call
area, DE in 3rd call area, and TN in 4th call area.  In ten call area worked my
state and MO (my QTH is just 6 miles inside Kansas at the MO-KS border).

Saturday morning the band was a beehive of activity.   Again, alll prop was to
east and south.  I did manage a couple of African Q's and several South American
Q's.  But around 2045z the band shutdown... I mean shut completely down.  I
could hear NO signals.  Nothing.  Late Sunday morning after church, I did work a
few more stations, 21 I believe, and picked up 6 mults.  K3PA bested me when we
called a MT station but when Drew finished, the MT station  faded out
completely.  The rest of Sunday was a bust.

Sunday I called CQ several times and could tell there was someone calling but I
couldn't copy them.  This year was a real challenge.

Thanks to those who copied my weak signal.  The TH6DXX loads funny on 10 meters
and doesn't seem to perform well for 4 elements.  That's a problem to
investigate in the spring when it warms up.

All in all I can't complain too much.  I did make over 250 Q's but fell short on
mults.

73,
Russ - K0VXU