[3830] ARRL 10 K3YDX SO Mixed LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL 10 K3YDX SO Mixed LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 10 Dec 2018 15:39:18 +0000
                    ARRL 10-Meter Contest

Call: K3YDX
Operator(s): K3YDX
Station: K3YDX

Class: SO Mixed LP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 3 +/-

   CW:  51     14
  SSB:  10      7
-------------------
Total:  61     21  Total Score = 4,704

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Very reminiscent of a vhf contest effort with limited antennas!  Ground mounted
vertical and attic dipole and LP made this one a bit of a drag especially upon
hearing what other local guys were working at a reasonably high rate.  I sure
would have hated to be a Phone only guy in this one!
It always amazes me in this event the "spotlight" propagation paths
that open up as the day progresses.
Sunday was noticeably lacking in signals compared to Saturday.  Thanks to VE9AA
and VE9HF for responding to my effort to CQ towards the end of the event.
Random power outages here in NC didn't help things either as the computer and
radio would shut down mid message.