[3830] RAEM PJ2ND(K8ND) SOSB/40 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jmaass@k8nd.com
Subject: [3830] RAEM PJ2ND(K8ND) SOSB/40 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 23 Dec 2018 21:34:35 +0000
                    RAEM Contest

Call: PJ2ND
Operator(s): K8ND
Station: PJ2T

Class: SOSB/40 HP
QTH: Curacao
Operating Time (hrs): 12
Remote Operation

------------
   80:
   40:  265
   20:
   15:
   10:
------------
Total:  265  Total Score = 39,320

Club: Mad River Radio Club

Comments:

The N1MM software (latest version) seems to have a problem with counting valid
QSOs in the log (i.e. those with both received serial number and coordinates),
so score above is suspect. I made 322 QSOs in total, but only 265 are possibly
valid. It'll all come out in the log checking!

Many slow hours in the second half of the contest.

Although this contest is massively European-centric, the scoring gves me some
hope of finishing high in the category, as there is a distance-based scoring
component.

The long and detailed CW exchange is good practice for other contests, including
the upcoming Topband contests.

Remote worked well, although it is frustrating to be unable to rotate the
antenna as conditions change. Monitoring my PJ2ND signal from Ohio, I noted that
I had a rough tone at around 0600Z. Did some remote troubleshooting (turn off
amp, cycled power on radio, etc., but problem cleared when I moved the VFO
around to see if the problem was atmospherics. Came back to my CQ frequncy, and
the problem was gone ~20 minutes after I noted it. Perhaps a transcient power
brown-out on the island.

Radio: K3
Amp: KPA500 @ ~450W
Antenna: 2-element yagi @ 100-feet