[3830] RAC Winter VE7UF(VE7JH) SOSB/20 HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] RAC Winter VE7UF(VE7JH) SOSB/20 HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 30 Dec 2018 04:11:21 +0000
                    RAC Winter Contest

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VE7JH
Station: VE7UF

Class: SOSB/20 HP
QTH: BC
Operating Time (hrs): 9

  160:
   80:
   40:
   20:  269    733      11        12
   15:
   10:
    6:
    2:
Total:  269    733      11        12  Total Score = 86,204

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

Thanks to Duane, VE7UF for letting me operate his station again.
Since we're having a lot of noise problems on the low bands I figured I'd make a
serious entry on 20m Single Band.
The 700W and stack of 3 TH6's sure did the job.
As always in the RAC Contests the key is finding the mults. Had 9 provinces on
both CW and SSB in short order almost by just CQ-ing. Then VY2OX called me on CW
and he was kind enough to QSY to SSB to give the provincial sweep.
Then as usual, I turned North at local noon (2000 UTC), and VE8RAC called me on
CW. Then I found VE8GER and VY1RAC on SSB.
With 2 hours to go I just couldn't resist going for the 1000 QSO mark, so I just
parked on 14.240 and ran on SSB, working many a "001" USA station.
Just barely made the thousand mark before the end.
Missed NU on both modes and VY1 on CW, but had a ball running USA stations on
SSB.
Thanks for all the contacts, see you in 2019.
Gabor, VE7JH