[3830] RTTY Roundup KT7E(@K7ZS) M/S HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, kevin.k7zs@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] RTTY Roundup KT7E(@K7ZS) M/S HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2019 00:30:40 +0000
                    ARRL RTTY Roundup

Call: KT7E
Operator(s): K7ZS KR7X KE7AUB K7PAC
Station: K7ZS

Class: M/S HP
QTH: OR
Operating Time (hrs): 22

   80:    124      0
   40:    284      0
   20:    566      0
   15:    259      0
   10:     13      0
-----------------------
Total:   1246      0  State/Prov = 55  Countries = 26  Total Score = 100,926

Club: Willamette Valley DX Club

Comments:

A nice start to the 2019 contests.  Cool, wet weather ... even a little snow
flurry or two!

A tribute to our former club member, and a big RTTY fan, KT7E which is now our
club callsign.  We missed you Joe...

A pretty clean run, when you consider the biggest failure was the batteries in
the cordless mouse!

A very nice format contest from the Creature Comfort standpoint ... you can run,
socialize, eat ... and with the mandatory time off, sleep!  Must be gettin'
old.

Big thanks to the main ops: Hank KR7X, Andy 'The Machine' KE7AUB and budding
contester Ken K7PAC.

Nice to see 15m in nice shape, even a little 10 meters (LITTLE but hey, some is
better than none)

Still don't understand why this contest doesn't allow mults PER BAND ... would
make it more interesting and cause people to use more bands I think if the
incentive was to gain multipliers.

As you may see, we were 100 percent RTTY, true to this contests name (but not
history, I realize).  With the multiplier structure in this contest, and the
uncontested ability of FT8 to work paths not possible with RTTY, seems a
separate contest is in order for that mode.

But, must say, the bands were busy ... we had no slow periods at all.

All the best!  CU in WPX RTTY

73 Kevin K7ZS