[3830] NAQP CW NN7CW Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, nn7cw@yahoo.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP CW NN7CW Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 13 Jan 2019 16:19:42 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, CW - January

Call: NN7CW
Operator(s): NN7CW
Station: NN7CW

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: FL
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   20    14
   80:  288    47
   40:  399    56
   20:  222    51
   15:   84    22
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1014   191  Total Score = 193,674

Club: Florida Contest Group

Team: OJ-1

Comments:

I really like this one! Perfect duration for not losing too much of the weekend
to recover from a long work week.
After starting about 45 minutes late (dealing Windows network problems and a
buggy home-brew interlock switch), I spent as much time as possible running on
15 (2 element beam @45ft), because I was trying to get my 15m WAS count up a
little. So 20 took a back seat and I mostly did S&P, using my 5/8 vertical.
I found that many people went down pretty early while 15 was still partially
open, because the occasional calls I got at the end were still decently strong.
Needless to say, no one wasted any time on 10, so who knows what sporadically
could have been up there.
When I finally started using the 2 element beam on 20, the band was already on
its way out and 40 was hopping, so I did a slow run on 20 and searched and
pounced my way across 40, using the 40m vertical. When 20 dried up, it was time
to try out my new 80m vertical, so running on 40 and S&P on 80 it was. I
spent about 30 minutes on 160 (Inverted L) and started running on 80 when the
rate on 40 went down and that's pretty much the end of the story.

It was funny to see how many people wouldn't believe their ears when I gave them
my name. Made me wonder how the ones with the really unusual nicknames (my
favorite one I heard is "Chick") were doing...

Thanks everyone, I had a blast!
73, Wolf