[3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N6ZFO LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NCCC Sprnt Lad N6ZFO LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Fri, 18 Jan 2019 03:20:10 +0000
                    NCCC Sprint Ladder - Jan 18

Call: N6ZFO
Operator(s): N6ZFO
Station: N6ZFO

Class: Single Op LP
QTH:
Operating Time (hrs):

  160:   0      0
   80:  12      8
   40:  20     16
   20:   7      5
   15:   4      1
   10:
    6:
-------------------
Total:  43     30  Total Score = 1,290

Club:

Comments:

It took a small miracle to be on 40 and 80 tonight:

Around 0400 Thurs AM we were awakened by a stange noise on the 35 foot
irrigation pipe on our balcony, the pole that supports the center of the 40m DE
Zepp.  This morning Barbara rushed in to report that the 2nd of our
close-together 3 big (dead) pine trees had fallen -- the middle one came down 3
weeks ago.  The fallen tree held the pulley attached 70' up the tree supporting
the far end of the Zepp and the top of the vertical part of the 160m inv L.  As
the tree fell, the pulley line snapped; the vertical section of the 160m Inv V
looped itself over a large branch about 65 feet up on the remaining tree --
it's attached on the far side of the insulator for the Zepp!  Thus the Zepp
remains at about the same height with the end insulator in the clear.
Later,we'll remove this tree before it falls on the road, and I'll use another
(living) 75' pine 75' farther away to support the Zepp.  Other plans in the
works for 160m in the Spring.  Hoped to get out of the SSB NAQP, but no such
luck. The tree fell into the forest, narrowly missing a live oak.

73 Bill n6zfo