[3830] NAQP SSB W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] NAQP SSB W6YX(N7MH) Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2019 10:28:46 +0000
                    North American QSO Party, SSB - January

Call: W6YX
Operator(s): N7MH
Station: W6YX

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: Stanford
Operating Time (hrs): 10
Radios: SO2R

  160:   25     7
   80:  109    24
   40:  286    42
   20:  477    57
   15:  129    30
   10:    1     1
-------------------
Total: 1027   161  Total Score = 165,347

Club: Northern California Contest Club

Team: NCCC Team #1

Comments:

Plan A was to recruit some of our student members to field an entry in the North
American Collegiate Championship. With no students signed up by Friday
evening... fall back to Plan B, sign up for an NCCC team.

Weird conditions. AZ was the second most common mult after CA, including 8 AZ on
15. No W2 or W3 on 40 and just MA in W1.

20 was better than the other bands but even 20 was not terrific. I missed DE on
all bands and with DE would have made WAS on 20.

I worked a KM6 on 80 who finished the QSO by saying it was his first QSO. After
determining he meant his first ever QSO I congratulated him and spent a few
minutes chatting and suggesting he should work a few more in the contest since
it's a good opportunity to make QSOs.

W0ETT suggested a move to 10 and I heard Ken there but he couldn't hear me.
Thanks to those who attempted moves, successful or otherwise.

73,
-Mike, N7MH