[3830] ARRL Jan VHF N4QV SO 3Band LP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF N4QV SO 3Band LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 22 Jan 2019 08:09:10 +0000

Total:  106    54  Total Score = 5,616

Club: Florida Contest Group

Comments:

Call: N4QV
Operator(s): N4QV
Class: Single Op 3-Band

QTH: SFL

Band   Mode  QSOs     Pts   Grd   Pt/Q
    50   DG       95        95      49    1.0
    50   USB       6          6        1    1.0
   144  USB       3          3        1    1.0
   420  USB       2          4        1    2.0
Total  Both   106     108       52    1.0
Score: 5,616
1 Mult = 2.0 Q's

Club: Florida Contest Group

I thought I would play in the contest some. I've been QTH challenged for
much too long! (Since 2012)

I used the South Florida DX Association club station. No antennas for 2 or
70CM, but I managed a few QSO's with some VERY local stations! The 6 meter
antenna is a 6 element homebrew design, up on top of the hospital, but it is
fed with 180' of poor coax. Additionally, since we don't have enough coax
runs available in the conduit, the 6 meter coax shares duty with the 40
meter antenna using a duplexer on each end! I would be surprised if there
were more than 30 watts at the antenna.

It was pretty much an FT-8 contest. Never heard much on SSB or CW. I really
enjoyed the rare January Es openings. They weren't big openings but they
were good enough to have some fun.

Glad to hear so many FCG members on.

Very 73,
Randy N4QV