[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W1XM Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Thu, 24 Jan 2019 17:41:56 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  220    50  Total Score = 13,700

Club:

Comments:

Relatively low activity because the ice storm made it hard for people to come,
plus conflicts with other MIT events. digi modes on 6 and 2m basically saved us,
netting us contacts as far out as Florida, but made it hard to run the bands.
Our 2m rotor froze solid halfway through the contests so we only got southwest,
and the small dish rotor failed making it impossible to make contacts on 903 and
2304.  the 18ft 1296 dish was better than ever though, and after fixing a power
output problem noted by K1KG netted us a full 300W. Sadly only one EME contact
with G4CCH, due to problems yet to be resolved with our WSJTX interfacing
preventing us decoding jt65. Our old logging software also isn't friends with
WSJTX, so likely score will tick up a bit once we do a pass through to make sure
our logs are combined correctly.

Overall, I think these were the worst contest conditions I've ever seen, so I
was really happy how well we did despite that.

Thanks to all for the QSOs and 73,
Daniel, KC1EPN