[3830] CQ160 CW K2AV Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, k2av.guy@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW K2AV Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 12:51:23 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: K2AV
Operator(s): K2AV
Station: K2AV

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: NC
Operating Time (hrs): 27.7

Total:  QSOs = 1205  State/Prov = 57  Countries = 65  Total Score = 476,166

Club: Potomac Valley Radio Club

Comments:

Well, was without a RX antenna. Old one gone due to pipe ditching for drainage.
New one (SAL30) not up due to record rainfall in NC 2018, ground too wet for
preliminary work in the woods.

Computer took me off line for 12 minutes in middle of contest and lost my run
frequency, naturally. I am so grateful the log did not go away.

Couldn't run diversity for superior listening, due to no RX antenna.

I figured that I was going to be crushed, and Friday night was a bit bum
conditions (wet blanket listening) for distance from NC, as shared among the
local contest partakers. However, mostly working Eastern and Mid US, started
with more than 600 Q's in first 6 hours.

But then Saturday night blew away any doubts. That was an EU sunrise opening the
likes I'd never seen or even heard of. Huge number of ten pointers. All-time
personal best for CQ 160CW by huge margin. Crushed old best score.

What a blast.

K3 + Acom 2000A (thanx, Dan).

Fully loss-listed Inverted L over FCP.

Now to get some ears.