[3830] CQ160 CW W2GD Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, w2gd@hotmail.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW W2GD Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 17:08:02 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: W2GD
Operator(s): K2TW KE2D KU2C KS3F N2HM N2OO W1GD W2CG W2GD W2NO W2OB W2RQ
Station: W2GD

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: NJ
Operating Time (hrs): 34

Total:  QSOs = 1560  State/Prov = 58  Countries = 75  Total Score = 883,253

Club: Frankford Radio Club

Comments:

K3 X 3
OM2000 (@ 1200W)
Win-Test Software 4.23
Three Ele. Vertical Array @ 240 feet
Beverage RX Antennas NE, E, S. SW, W, NW
Hi-Z Four

Night One - a solar storm in progress brought strong absorption.  Nearly
everyone was effected.  Logging what are usually easy multipliers takes much
extra effort.

Night Two - solar storm starts to wind down.  Less absorption, particularly
further south.  Working EU from USA was far less difficult.

Quiet noise floor all weekend - very few storms in continental US to generate
static.

Worked all 50 states.
Missed three VE Provinces: PEI, VE4, VE8, NWT
Countries heard but not worked:  CE, LU, UP, and UN

First hour rate:  146 Q/Hr

First Night:  162 Ten Pointers  83 Five Pointers
Second Night: 241 Ten Pointers  21 Five Pointers

Great to see many of our more Multi-op teams (particularly N1LN, W2FU,
KM3T(KC1XX) and NR4M) posting one or both the live scoreboards this weekend.  We
hope more will join us next year. Over the course of the event it was
fascinating to watch the horse races develop and leads pass back and forth.

It was obvious despite challenged conditions overall activity was up again this
year.

Thanks to all who called us.  Hope you had as much fun as our team.  This was
our thirty-third group effort.

Look for the SJDXA entry as N2CW during CQ160 PH from the station.

Thanks to CQ Magazine for continuing to sponsor our favorite 160 meter contest
and to the owners of WYRS-FM for allowing us to use and enjoy their facilities
for so many years.

73, John, W2GD
For the Entire 160 CW Team