[3830] ARRL Jan VHF W0UC Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, husby002@gmail.com
Subject: [3830] ARRL Jan VHF W0UC Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 18:11:43 +0000

  3.4:
  5.7:
  10G:
  24G:
-------------------
Total:  283   133  Total Score = 53,865

Club: Northern Lights Radio Society

Comments:

There was no enhancement on any bands here throughout the contest.  Microwave
conditions were fair on Saturday and worse on Sunday.  Coupled with the lowest
rover activity in years, that made it tough going.  Good activity on FT8 and
MSK144 helped to make up for it.  The new software made those modes a breeze -
thank you K1JT!!

Rover contacts (49) accounted for only 17% of total contacts, less than half a
typical number.  On the other hand, the 146 unique callsigns worked was by far a
new high, largely thanks to digital contacts.  Thanks very much to rovers AC0RA,
KC0P, N0HZO and N0SPN for braving the cold.

First time without W0AIH in the log.  Fortunately we had practically no snow on
the ground, so even without Paul's plowing help I was able to drive in and not
have to sled in to the shack like in the old days.  We are still a few thousand
short on the W0AIH Memorial Scholarship Fund, so if you like, take a look at the
info on the W0AIH page at QRZ.com... thanks!

Looking forward to warmer weather and better conditions in the spring and June.
See you then!

73
Paul W0UC
EN44HamRadio