[3830] CQ160 CW AC0C Single Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jeff@ac0c.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW AC0C Single Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 21:26:25 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: AC0C
Operator(s): AC0C
Station: AC0C

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: KS
Operating Time (hrs): 12:44

Total:  QSOs = 1022  State/Prov = 56  Countries = 27  Total Score = 213,393

Club: Kansas City Contest Club

Comments:

Great low noise conditions locally.  The two buzzing MOV noise makers in the
neighborhood were fixed by the local power company earlier this month and that
combined with the cold made for an exceptionally quiet band background.  US
stations were pounding in with great SNR but unfortunately DX was light both
nights.

Ran unassisted and that seemed the right choice the first night with great rates
and a solid QSO count but things were very much slower the second night.  And as
I looked at the country counts of some of the assisted guys on the live-score
web page, it was clear that DX was to had but maybe I had to go looking for it.
Think next year I will run assisted and spend more time chasing the mults.  That
will certainly help with the poor rate on the 2nd night as well.

Gear and antennas were solid except for an occasional and silent QSY which
happened a few times over the two nights.  I would be running along for a couple
of hours and find the frequency had jumped down to 1.805 or 1.802 from what it
was earlier.  Hope I had not inadvertently moved onto someone's QRG without
realizing it - if so, my apologizes.

Great fun and thanks to everyone who dug my sigs out of the noise floor.  Look
for you all in the CQ RTTY WPX coming in a couple of weeks!

73/jeff/ac0c
www.ac0c.com