[3830] CQ160 CW WT2P Single Op Assisted HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, wt2p@wt2p.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW WT2P Single Op Assisted HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 27 Jan 2019 22:29:50 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: WT2P
Operator(s): WT2P
Station: WT2P

Class: Single Op Assisted HP
QTH: IL
Operating Time (hrs): 17

Total:  QSOs = 570  State/Prov = 53  Countries = 6  Total Score = 76,464

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Comments:

Fun contest.. Slightly lower total score than last year (missed 1 state and 3
less countries) but had more Q's.

Friday night was fun, again running was the key. Had an 80 hour at one point.

One less hour than last year, I overslept Sunday AM by an hour (and apparently
missed SD because of it). No EU this time at all, but did get a few Carib folks
and one I believe is a new band country.

During the day Saturday I finished building a rx antenna preamp kit (i'd been
procrastinating for months) and hooked it inline. Made a bit of difference so
spent Saturday night and Sunday using my NE-SW and NW-SE BOGs (beverage on
ground). TX antenna noise is S5-6 mostly, the BOGs were S1-3 which helped me
capture those stations that were previously buried in the noise on the TX
antenna. There's always room for improvement though, even with the bogs I
couldn't copy some stations enough to make a Q.

Missed AK and SD(!!), lots of SMC on and worked. Thanks for the Q's.

73,
WT2P