[3830] CQ160 CW OK5W(@OK1KSO) Multi-Op HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ok1cf@atlas.cz
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OK5W(@OK1KSO) Multi-Op HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 29 Jan 2019 18:02:40 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: OK5W
Operator(s): OK1CF OK1FKD OK1FMX
Station: OK1KSO

Class: Multi-Op HP
QTH: Výsluní
Operating Time (hrs): 48

Total:  QSOs = 1553  State/Prov = 40  Countries = 77  Total Score = 1,046,916

Club:

Comments:

Until the last minute, we did not know whether we were going to participate. Our
mountain QTH was inaccessible due to the great snow drifts. We have always
watched the weather forecast and the work of the road milling machines over the
WEB camera, whether they managed to clear the road from the snowdrifts that
reached somewhere up to 5m in height.
Eventually everything went well and we could go to the mountains Thursday
afternoon. Unfortunately, we have little time remaining on the status of all
planned antennas projects, and this has also been reflected in our result.
Poor propagation to NA, especially at the first night. Asia condx were poor both
nights.
Stretching and repairing beverage antennas in a deep snowfall cost a lot of our
power.
I took some photos at:

https://ok1cf.rajce.idnes.cz/CQWW160M_CW_2019/

RIGs:           RUN IC756PRO3
                RX  FT1000MPField
Antennas:       Vertical loop 33m with 120 ground radials
                Inv VEE @ 24 m
                Beverages: USA 622m
                JA  358m
                PY  231m
Micro Keyer, WinTest

Congratulations to OK7K, OK5Z and OK4C for their results.

On behalf of OK5W

Karel OK1CF