[3830] CQ160 CW OL5Y Single Op Assisted LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, OL5Y@mastrant.com
Subject: [3830] CQ160 CW OL5Y Single Op Assisted LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sat, 02 Feb 2019 15:23:29 +0000
                    CQ 160-Meter Contest, CW - 2019

Call: OL5Y
Operator(s): OL5Y
Station: OL5Y

Class: Single Op Assisted LP
QTH: BKO
Operating Time (hrs): 6

Total:  QSOs = 400  State/Prov = 9  Countries = 51  Total Score = 122,820

Club: Czech Contest Club

Comments:

Because of my daughter birthday celebration and other circumstances I had just
several hour for CQ 160m contest. My target was to test my tower with 4-el Quad
on the top as loaded vertical. I have already done this attempt in the past but
without success - I supposed that it was because of lack of radials. Before the
contest I layed 4 quarterwave readials on the ground toward US and tuned the
tower fed on the top with MFJ-989C tuner very easily. The result of my
comparisons to Inv.V (19m high) was not too successful - the US signals were
around 10 dB stronger on Inv.V. But the signals from vertical were quite clear
and EU signals were about 30 dB weaker than Inv.V so it seems to me that the
antenna has low elevation angle and therefore works somehow... Anyway: worked
just few US guys (of course on inv.V), much less than usually, the same with all
directions. CONDX were bad accorting to my opinion. But enjoyed 6 hours and
switched the radio off after 400 QSOs. Thank you all for calling me or answering
my call!
RIG: SunSDR MB1, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack master, switches...
ANT:
160: Inv. V for 40/80/160m @ 19m (63 ft.), Top loaded vertical with 4 radials to
US
RX: SAL 30
RIG: SunSDR MB1 + IC756, microHAM MK2R+, Station masters, Stack masters,
switches...
SW: N1MM+