[3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP

To: 3830@contesting.com, jhfitzpa@wisc.edu
Subject: [3830] NA Sprint CW WI9WI HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Sun, 03 Feb 2019 04:48:23 +0000
                    NA Sprint CW Contest - February

Call: WI9WI
Operator(s): WI9WI
Station: WI9WI

Class: Single Op HP
QTH: Madison, WI
Operating Time (hrs): 3.5

   80:   93
   40:   45
   20:   21
---------------------

Club: Society of Midwest Contesters

Team: SMC - Kernels

Comments:

Worse start ever in a sprint. That covers 30 years. There were few signals on 20
by 0020Z and none by 0030Z. Forty wasn't much better, it was long and sigs were
weak, plus my usual S6 noise from the research park right behind my house didn't
help. It was so bad I even swapped out my radio hoping the other one would deal
with the noise better. It did but not by much. Eighty was much better, enough to
keep me interested for the last 100 minutes. Activity seemed pretty good.
73
Jim