[3830] BC QSO VE7UF Multi-OpMixed HP

To: 3830@contesting.com
Subject: [3830] BC QSO VE7UF Multi-OpMixed HP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Mon, 04 Feb 2019 04:21:57 +0000
                    British Columbia QSO Party - 2019

Call: VE7UF
Operator(s): VA7FC VE7JH VE7UF
Station: VE7UF

Class: Multi-OpMixed HP
QTH: NPR
Operating Time (hrs): 20

  160:
   80:   35      6       7       22         5         7
   40:   77    160       4       45        44         4
   20:  206    741      86       56        61        29
   15:   46     76      28       34        34        13
   10:    2      3       0        2         2         0
Total:  366    986     125      159       146        53  Total Score = 1,454,920

Club: Orca DX and Contest Club

Comments:

I convinced VE7UF to let us use his superstation for the BCQP with the goal of
cracking the 1M point mark as it's never been done before.
Recruited SSB extraordinaire VA7FC to capitalize on our loud SSB signal who it
turns out cranked out about 2/3 of our QSOs. (The only saving face for me was
that CW is worth twice the points, HI).
We kept digging in the noise on the low bands, finessing our way into the XE
RTTY contest and the MN and VT QSO parties and just plain running 'em when
things were hot. Moved a bunch of locals and serious US stations through bands
and modes to improve the multiplier total (thanks to all!).
With 3.5 hours to go we crossed the magic 1M mark and it was easy sailing after
that.
Thanks Duane, VE7UF for his top notch station (and rebuilding the 80m Alpha 76
amp overnight) and Perry, VA7FC for his expert pile-up handling skills.
See you all in 2020!
73,
Gabor, VE7JH