[3830] MnQP AE0EE Single Op LP

To: 3830@contesting.com, ae0ee@arrl.net
Subject: [3830] MnQP AE0EE Single Op LP
From: webform@b4h.net
Date: Tue, 05 Feb 2019 08:15:14 +0000
                    Minnesota QSO Party - 2019

Call: AE0EE
Operator(s): AE0EE
Station: AE0EE

Class: Single Op LP
QTH: LES
Operating Time (hrs): 7

  160:       7        2
   80:      79       12
   40:      74       10
   20:      46       14
   15:       0
   10:       0
-------------------------
Total:     206       38  Mults = 67  Total Score = 32,696

Club: Minnesota Wireless Assn

Comments:

100 W, dipoles up 5-7 m, keyed on vibroplex, no voice keyer.

With ten minutes to go before the start, I put the analyzer on the antennas and
found the 80/160 m fan dipole was not within an acceptable range.  Being alone
at the station, I was not looking forward to taking it down---a huge task for
one person.  I checked the feedpoint with binoculars to see if I could see
anything amiss, but it looked okay.  Hastily I went outside with the analyzer
and multimeter and checked the connection between the feedline and the antenna
pigtail at the base of the tree.  It looked like the connector that had been
quickly put in place in the dark Friday night wasn't quite in correctly.  I
analyzed anyway where the feedline connects at the bottom of the tree, and found
the antenna in good shape.  With a quick reconnection, I was back in business.

I was not feeling well, so with the poor band conditions wasn't able to put in a
full effort.  Although I spent some time on the upper bands and on phone, the
rate meter really didn't justify it.  I marvel that people can do this contest
phone-only!

Most of my contest was spent running, and I managed to get 35 US states, 2 VE
provinces, plus DL, F, HC, and KP4.  I did pick up 29 counties, which wasn't bad
for not chasing mobiles much.  A big thanks to Rolf and Taty at KE0TL/R giving
me LES and SCO.

With 20 minutes to go, I found N0IJ/LAK, then looked quickly for other rovers
nearby on the band.  Two minutes later, I came back copied "/COO", and
quickly threw my call out.  N0IJ/COO was in the log on my first call, and when I
finished the pileup was on.

Thanks for another MNQP!